Wednesday, October 15, 2008

These are the best days of our lives...

Why does it seem like everyone around me is growing up and I seem to be stuck in this eternal state of adolescence? I'm not ready to think about getting married or having children at all -- let alone be in those situations. But I'm just a few months younger than my mom when she had me. I can't imagine that at all. She's always been my mom -- she was never a young adult who didn't know herself or what she wanted out of life. She always seemed so confident and sure of herself and of the decisions she made. She was forced to grow up so fast. I guess I'm just torn. Part of me says "I'm ready to be an adult and take on the world!" and yet another part of me just wants to go home and have my mom cook for me and do my laundry. It's just crazy to think that within the next 5 years I could be married and have a self-supporting job and that in the next 10 I could be a mom. Eek.

No comments: